Monday, March 26, 2012

Beyond All Measure

So tonight Joe and I are sitting down and making a wish list for a new venture of ours.  We are praying together and asking God to give us direction, to give us focus.

We are dreaming dreams tonight.

And you know what is amazing about this?

We can't begin to imagine what God has in store for us.

This has been proven again and again in our lives.  This goodness of His, this ability to know our hearts, know our expectations and go beyond what we have imagined...........again and again and again.

And this is sometimes the cool part about growing a bit older, even though I know I am still young in the scheme of things.  It is a wonderful and awe inspiring thing to be able to look back, to see what He has done.  To look at the things that broke our hearts, that ripped us up inside, that we thought.....no, no, no, God!!!  What are you doing?!?  And to look back and realize that He carried us through those times, to bring us to the place where He knew we should be.

I always had a plan.  In my mind.  I was going to go to college, get married the second I graduated, have two babies, teach for the rest of my life, etc, etc, etc.

And then God laughed.

I didn't get married.

All my friends did (Olivia Lemley are you listening?!?!?)

They had babies.

I did not.

I started not to care (but really always did just a little bit).

I found Joe.

God went beyond.

I had a baby, a screaming, loud, uncontrollable baby.....................I wanted more.

We have three.

We want more.

We are certified to be foster parents.

I doubt I will ever teach again (I am so sorry mom)

We are involved in a church that challenges us.  We are starting to try to begin to meet the challenge that God has placed on our hearts.  We want to reclaim families in His name.  We want to know Him.  We want families, children, parents to know Him.  We want to see joy in this place.

We are dreaming dreams tonight.

And we know that we can't even being to imagine what He has in store for us.

Will you join us?

Will you make your list?

Will you dare to imagine, only to discover that He will take it further than you ever could have imagined?

1 comment:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Oh, what a timely post. Thank you for sharing and for the reminder. Congratulations on your certification! What amazing things lie ahead for your family....