Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dreams

Sometimes the biggest dreamers are the ones with the smallest of lives, the softest of voices.....


The ones that stand aside, that fade into the background..............


That timidly begin to bring about change with the smallest of steps, the quietest of voices.......


It's the ones that dream while folding laundry, washing dishes, hiding in the shower, playing with toddlers and babies.


They write of their dreams late at night on low-trafficked blogs.


They talk unguarded passion over coffee, in stolen moments.........the magical moments of babies sleeping, toddlers occupied, children getting along and chores ignored.


They lay in bed for precious moments either late at night or early morning and their thoughts turn to WHAT IF?  COULD I?  MAYBE?


Until that day.................

Until that moment..............

When someone says YES.

And I have had that moment.

That YES moment.

But................

Sometimes I forget the dreamer.

Sometimes I forget the impractical and become bogged down by the REALITY.

Sometimes I become enamored with getting it done and forget that it will NEVER be done.

Sometimes I allow my voice to become too big, drowning out the dreams of the forgotten hours.

Until.................unbidden, the dreams come again and I stamp out that voice that says.....

THAT IS SO STUPID.

THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

THAT IS RIDICULOUS.

And I begin to dream again.

With my smallest of life, my softest of voice.....................

How about you?

Any dreams lately?






No comments: