Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Summer of CRAZY

I am trying.

Really, I am.

Trying to stay grounded.

Trying to stay on task.

Trying to stay focused.

Trying.

Until, well, I decide not to try so hard anymore.

I give in.

I relent.

I release.

I open wide my hands, my heart, my mind.......my words.

No longer contained.

No longer within the confines of what is certain or real or probable.

No longer whispers.

Rather they are words that come unbidden.

They flow without ceasing.

Sometimes they connect.

Sometimes they are just thoughts of the moment.

Sometimes they are ones that have been stewing and simmering beneath the surface.

Sometimes they are accompanied by giggles.........because REALLY?!?

NO WAY.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

THAT IS BATSH$% CRAZY.

I don't even WANT that to happen.

(((giggle giggle giggle)))

But...................MAYBE.

This is the summer of BATSH*& CRAZY.

I made a deal with Joe.

One summer.

Three months.

Every thought gets spoken.

Every word heard.

Every dream brought into the open.

His job?

Listen.

Pray.

Discern.

Don't dismiss.

Don't point out flaws.

Allow the dreamer to dream.

Come August my feet will hit the ground and we will run together.

This summer, though?

Well....................it's time to get a little BAT^# CRAZY.

Join me?

What dreams do you dream?

No timetables.

No boundaries.

No doses of reality.

No "I can't"s, no "Come on, think of the _________(money, kids, time, energy)".

Come on, I dare you.

What are you scared of?

That they WON'T come true..........

Or that, just maybe, perhaps? THEY WILL.



No comments: