Thursday, December 5, 2013

I Believe

"Comfort, comfort my people, says your God."

Yes Lord…….comfort is what we need.  Comfort is what we seek.  This world seems so hard and unfair and unexpected………except we come to expect the tragedy, we come to expect the world to break open and we fall through, we fall down, we fall to our knees, O God.

God, we seek your comfort……..

"A voice of one calling 'In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.  And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.  For the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

God…….God………the valleys are seeming low, the ground is rocky, the rugged places surpass the smooth and straight.  Come, Lord Jesus, come.  I want to see the valleys raised up, the mountains made low, the rough patches smooth………Lord, I want to see GLORY.  I want all to be revealed…….I want to see your ways, your plan, your heart in this place.

Lord, I am calling out……making a way for You because there seems to be nothing else to do.  I cannot make right the things of this world without you.  Nothing makes sense without you.  And so I trust and I have faith and I don't try to explain away what I can't know…….instead I look forward, one step at a time and I call out to you.

"A voice says, 'Cry out.' And I said, 'What shall I cry?' 'All people are like grass and their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field.  The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them.  Surely the people are grass.  The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

Oh Lord.

I am crying out.

My heart is crying out.

My plea is for you, Lord.

My plea is for this world to be made yours again.

I have felt your breathe upon me, Lord.  I have seen evidence of the fleeting nature of this world.

Lord, I know that you are good.  I know that you love.  I know that you endure forever.

But today……..today I feel the breath and I feel the withering and I see the falling.

Let me see evidence of You.

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Oh, Lord, I know.

I have heard.

You…….I cannot fathom.

Nor can I try.

Give strength to the weary.

Give power to the weak.

Lift up those who cannot stand on their own.

Give foundation to those who are falling.

Renew them, Lord, renew them.

We are tired, Lord.

We are weary.

We are stumbling in this world.

All we can do today is make way for you.

Today I clear a path, I make a space and I sit.

I wait.

I trust.

I believe.

No comments: