Monday, March 2, 2009

Backseat Driver

This probably won't be a huge surprise to any that has spent time with my daughter recently but she likes to have control of things............all things.  This has carried over to the car.  If I do not have my seat belt on the moment I get in the car I am quickly reminded that I must put on my belt.  Today when we were on the way to the library she told me, "Honey, honey......just stop.  It's red.  The light is red, honey.  Just wait.  It will be green soon.  No, no, just wait.  There we go, honey, it's green.  Green means go.  Phew we made it.  There will be a red at the top of the mountain soon.  You have to stop.  Red means stop, honey."  It went on for a little bit longer after that but I will spare you the details.  It is sometimes hard to remember that the child won't even be 3 until June.  I sometimes feel as if I am the child...............honey, indeed.

No comments: