Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MIracles DO happen

So I HATE stairs.  I about have a nervous breakdown whenever I am around stairs and my children.  I actually have dreams about my children falling from high places.  When the doctor asked me at Fia's 2 year appointment if she was walking down the stairs by herself I looked at her like she was an idiot......I mean who would let their child WALK DOWN STAIRS BY THEMSELVES at that age.  Unfortunately Fia has seen all her other little friends walk down by themselves (thanks guys........) and she is determined that she can too.  So she is on her own down the stairs now - I would have carried her down until she was 5.  Nico, on the other hand, is a different story.  If you have been around him you know that he goes full throttle FORWARD.  There is no caution, there is no backing down, sliding down, etc.  He just goes.  Well, the other night we were praying with a couple in the living room and their youngest daughter (age 11?) was playing with Fia and Nico was just walking around the upstairs.  All of a sudden we hear Mianna say, "What are you doing down here all by yourself?"  That's right, my son got down the stairs somehow BY HIMSELF and was playing downstairs.  The gate and door had been left open on accident.  Not a scratch, not a bruise, no screaming, no crying.  A true miracle!

No comments: