Monday, June 27, 2011

Stabs of Jealousy

Tomorrow Fia, Nico and Francesca are going to grandma and grandpa's to spend the night (cue thunderous applause and celebrating in the background). No particular reason - just have a ton of stuff to do around the house and well, grandma and grandpa are both retired now and I assume they have nothing better to do than take care of my children with their vast amounts of spare time. Back to the subject..........so while I may indeed delight in the occasional night away from my children I expect them to be devastated by the loss of my company for any longer than 24 hours. However, tonight Fia said that she would like to just stay at grandma and grandpa's, to live there. UHHHHH....punch in the gut. Really? So I told her that was fine we can pack up her clothes and she can stay there (thinking if I push it I can get her to admit to the enormity of this decision and she will come running back into my arms). Ok, she says. Nothing. Am I not a fun mom? Do I not make delicious meals, plan fun activities, delight in her presence? (That might be a bit of an exaggeration but I am trying here, people) So later I tell Joe that I am a bit heartbroken by this and isn't he feeling this way too? He says she gets to eat junk food and watch a bunch of tv, I want to live at grandma and grandpa's house. Hmmmm...........good point, daddio, good point. Not feeling so badly anymore..........

No comments: