Monday, April 15, 2013

Another Year, Another Season

And so it begins......once again........the planting season is here.



The weather is getting warmer, the ground more pliant..............


There are workers that are reluctant, some are eager but all are stronger and older than they were the last year, the last season....


And so they learn..........by watching, by doing, by imitating the one they love, the one they respect, the one who patiently teaches them how............


They shovel and dig.......................


They plant the seeds that will turn into food...................



They learn the skills that were taught long before they were conceived, even thought of..........


It is a new generation of planters and sowers and growers, workers harvesting the fields found in their own backyard........


And as it happens every year, I am reminded...........


I am reminded we are all workers - sometimes reluctant, sometimes eager - looking to the Father.  Watching to see how it's done, what to do, how to go about the planting and sowing and harvesting of the Kingdom - we are all children.



And so in this year, in this season........I am reminded.  I am reminded to look to the Father.  I am reminded to be patient when awaiting the first signs of life, the first glance of a sprout popping out of the ground.   I am reminded there is much work to be done.  I am reminded of the joy in working together.  I am reminded of the beauty of getting your hands dirty and bowing low.


What does this season mean to you?





No comments: