Saturday, June 22, 2013

Because Life Wasn't Meant to Be Boring......... ;)

It's just after dinner, Nico is still finishing up, the family is talking.  We are outside, as we usually are in the summer months, sitting at the table in the back corner.........under the shade, together, life is good.

And it happens.

I wouldn't say it happens frequently, yet it happens all the same.

It started just after we were married and continues to this day.

I get this odd sensation...........laughter starting in the pit of my stomach, a plan taking form in my my mind...........but I conceal it as best as I can.  No one notices yet.

Joe is talking.

Fia is talking, talking, talking.

Nico is still eating.

Francesca gets down to play and roam about the backyard.

I scan the family, yep, no one is paying attention to me.

I start to stealthily unscrew the top of my very full water bottle.  The water is warm.

I pause.  Anyone looking?

No.

I continue.

The top is unscrewed.  I take a sip as Joe looks over.  He hasn't noticed the top is unscrewed.

You would think after so many years he might be wise to my ways.......he isn't.  I always leave enough time in between attacks.

He looks away.

The laughter threatens to bubble up and out of my mouth.........I better hurry before I give myself away. Ok.........here we go.............

WHOOSH!!!  SPLASH!!!  Drip..........drip............drip...............

Joe is covered in water.  I have done it again.  I have drenched him at the dinner table.

I am laughing HYSTERICALLY.  I cannot stop.  Fia says, "MO-OM.  WHAT DID YOU DO?!?"  She is incensed at such behavior.  She can hardly believe she has a mother who routinely throws water at her dad at the dinner table.  Joe just shakes his head, saying he is a patient man and he will seek revenge.  He is used to such behavior by now.  Nico is laughing and thinks this is the coolest thing ever.  He grabs his water bottle and pours it all down my front and back..........I am still laughing hysterically..............

Just another night at the Codispoti dinner table..........................you should stop by some time.

You never know what might happen ;)

No comments: