Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lord of ALL

Too small children living their lives in cribs, tortured, teary eyes as full as their bellies are empty, families beaten and battered by life and simple geography.............these are images that fill my mind and my heart. I want to heal these hearts, fill these bellies and bring joy to these eyes. I cry out to the Lord........let it be me, let it be me, let it be me........................

NO

Lord, have you found something in me lacking? Is it that I can't handle it......that you wouldn't give me more than I can bear? I can, I can with the help of you, Lord. Let it be me..............

NO

But, Lord, my heart, my heart cries out for these lost, these precious children of yours that have no other. There is death and destruction and loss because of the simplest things - water, medical care, food, shelter. Can we not provide this? Am I not worthy?

And in my heart and my mind, God answers................

ARE THEY NOT WORTHY?


IS NOT HIS HEART ONE WORTH MINISTERING TO?


CAN HUNGER MEAN MORE THAN FILLING THE BODY BUT ALSO THE SPIRIT?


ARE THESE NOT MY CHILDREN TOO?


IS THIS PLACE I PUT YOU NOT WORTHY OF YOU?


Lord, humbly, I ask your forgiveness. I forgot who it was that is in control, I forgot the bigger picture. Instead of rejoicing in the blessings that were given to me, I was ashamed for the abundance that was given to me. Instead of looking to where I was, I looked to where I felt I was needed. Instead of giving all power and control to you, I felt I was more important and needed to take control. I mistook skin color and health and comfort for contentedness and peace in you Lord. Help me to serve those around me for everywhere mothers need a break, a bit of peace in their lives. Everywhere there are the lonely, needing a reminder that God loves them but more than that they need to have a visible reminder that they are not forgotten. That life while infinitely slower is still going on about them and that they are part of the living. Everywhere they are children whose hearts need tended. Everywhere there are friends, loved ones who need a word, a word of love, of comfort and well, of course, a bit of humor. Lord, let me rejoice in the task you have set before me...................

No comments: