2. Oh and I also learned that quite a few people are unable to comment on my posts, which makes me quite sad - the approval hound, attention loving person I am, however, feels vindicated that SOMEONE would like to comment on my wonderful and profound writings but are just unable to at the moment. I will, from now on, imagine scrolling through comment after comment IF ONLY the blogger thingy would work.......ahhhh (BIG SIGH)
3. Oh and speaking of approval hound, attention seeking behavior I have also learned that not only was my brother WAY MORE popular than I EVER hoped to be in high school (seriously, when I was a junior and my brother was a freshman he knew WAY more juniors and seniors than I did - I was Matt Kossler's sister........) he is WAY more popular still. I usually have around 50 readers for each blog post (which is roughly 48 more people than I speak to on a daily basis so I thought I was doing pretty well). However, after Matt posted an entry on his facebook page I had over 200 people read that particular post and over a 100 read the post directly before that one. Oh well - I guess I AM popular, just once removed :)
4. On a more serious note, I have learned that this world is more broken than I have ever given it credit for being. I have always been the type to cling to the things of this world. I have experienced so much happiness here on earth. I have a wonderful family, I have my health, I find such joy in the daily things of life. I am so thankful for God and all the blessings He has poured out but I wondered if I could ever not be here and be joyful - I mean life after this one is supposed to be better, right? But how can that be? Now I am feeling as if I understand more................one of us isn't here and it isn't right and our family and my heart feels a bit broken and our world feels a bit broken. We explained to Fia that her cousin is with God and that we will see her one day, that we can meet her and know her. She was so excited to hear that. She was excited to know that Jesus is coming back and we will all be together again. I am too - I feel a bit less clingy................
5. Children are a blessing. Sometimes the kids are a bit much for me, for anyone probably. I actually yelled at Nico the other day and was so frustrated. In the midst of much frustration I thought of Tash. I thought of how much she would love to yell at Adalyn and be frustrated with her. I hugged my boy, thankful for my daily frustrations, thankful that they are here. Adalyn reminds me DAILY that children are a blessing.
6. God gives ABUNDANTLY. I just had lunch with Fia and her two friends. These are girls with great families, families I trust, that I saw on the playground at orientation last year. I thought, oh please, oh please, let Fia be friends with one of these girls or even in one of their classes. We wanted so much for Fia to find a friend - not really caring as much about the academics, knowing that our girl's heart is more important right now. Well, BOTH girls are in her class and all three are friends. In fact one of the girl's moms is taking all three of them home for a playdate next week.................ABUNDANCE. (Ummmm, did you ever notice that abundance is a - bun- dance - hmmmmm, maybe I should do a little bun dance to thank God for His abundance - is that appropriate? Or maybe it's appropriate that it isn't really appropriate since it is coming from me - maybe God will understand and smile His love down on me :)