Thursday, July 26, 2012

Unleashed

Sometimes I feel I am repeating myself.


I write a post, have a conversation, pray, journal and I think.........didn't I just say that?


Didn't I already say yes to you God?  Didn't I get it right the first time?  Why I am setting off on yet another adventure?  Am I backtracking?


Part of this response is fear.   Fear that I am embarrassing myself by saying yes, publicly, again.  Like I didn't quite get it the first time.  Fear that I am getting it wrong.  That the path I followed a few months ago was wrong and I am constantly having to right myself.


Part of this response is frustration.   What am I missing?  What am I not figuring out, how can I GET. THIS. RIGHT.


This is what God showed me.


He's got it.  He never changes.  He has a picture of my life.  It is beautiful, it is complete, it is right.  He sees it all.   But here's the thing.......I don't.  He reveals what it is I am ready for.  My view starts as a pinhole.  I can just see what is in front of me and that is all.


As I grow, as I mature, my vision expands to see more of the picture and it is awesome.  I can see why things have happened in the past that I didn't understand at the time.  As the picture grows, my trust grows, my vision grows.  I see where I have come from and I see more of where I am going.


I  think of Abraham, journeying up the mountain with Isaac.   Abraham, in his obedience, said yes and saw just part of his picture.  As he was saying yes..........his view of his picture was expanded...........his son was not sacrificed, God stopped him.  Just because the outcome was different then he expected doesn't mean that God changed his mind or that Abraham heard Him wrong, it just means he didn't see the whole picture.  Once he said yes, his view was expanded, he could see the more of the plan, the picture.


My view is expanding.............................


Always an adventure..............always a process..............always stretching me.....................I love the word "unleashing".  I looked it up after I wrote it yesterday.   It means to release, as from one's grip.


 It means to relinquish.


It means it's time to get serious.....................again :)


No comments: