Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Apple from the Tree

Fia and I were playing THE WORST GAME EVER yesterday, otherwise known as Chutes and Ladders.  I have come to really, really dislike this game (I say dislike because once you have children you are not allowed to say the word hate, apparently).  I mean who creates a game that gives you a headache upon looking at the board - all those checks, makes it impossible to tell where you are suppose to be going  if you are a little kid.  Then let's just talk about the THREE SLIDES on the last row of the game, prolonging the torture even further.  I have, in the past, done some creative counting so someone would finally win.  However, last night it was all fair and square.  Fia is 5 and fully capable of the counting and following the arrows and doesn't seem to get distracted by all the checks.  

I was winning........in a big way.

I won the first game and was well on my way to winning the second.  Score.

She looks over at me and says are you done with your coffee yet?  I say no.  She takes her mug of smoothie and begins gulping.  

I think what on earth is she doing?

She says well at least I can beat you at something.


I have no idea WHERE she gets this competitive streak from.....................

No comments: