Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Question and Clips.....

This past weekend I got to hang out with my brother and his wife - IT WAS AWESOME.  There is something about family that is just good and easy and fun.  You can tell the same stories over and over and over but they are still funny........at least to us they are :)  Well, one of the things I think about when I am with the immediate family is.......well, Designing Women.  Along with Golden Girls, this was one of the staples of my growing up.  An odd choice, I know.  Both Matt and I were servers at Applebee's and when we would come home Designing Women and Golden Girls were on at night back to back.  This is also the summer I think I gained 10 pounds.  We would come home and make "tacos" - except our version of tacos was cheese, more cheese, meat and lots of chips.  On nights we didn't have tacos we had pizza from Dominos.  It was one of my favorite summers. We laughed so hard and had so much fun together.  More than brother and sister, we were able to be friends.  

But, seriously, is there anyone funnier than Suzanne Sugarbaker?  Is there anyone more inspiring than Julia Sugarbaker when she gets on a role?  Oh and Charlene, I swooned when she met Bill.  MaryJo?  Hilarious.  And  good old Anthony, doing anything for Suzanne and of course, Bernice.  

So which one are you?  Anthony, Suzanne, Charlene, MaryJo or Julia?  I would really like to know.  I have some ideas about some of my friends.  Bekah?  So very clearly a Julia.  Diane is too.  Mrs. Kandel out there?  Charlene all the way..........  Jani?  Mary Jo - can can either way, she hangs with Julia but can get into equally as much trouble/silliness as the other two.  Plus she's sweet.  

I'm torn about myself.  There are the people that I want to be and then there is the person that I am.  I think I am mostly Charlene with a little Julia thrown in.  What about you?


Classic salad bar episode - MaryJo loses Suzanne's "real" pearls in a salad bar



AND THAT. IS THE NIGHT. THE  LIGHTS. WENT OUT IN GEOR-GIA!
Seriously, cannot even think about this scene without trying to imitate her exact tone and emphasis.  I love Julia.  Just classic................

No comments: