Monday, March 18, 2013

Fight or Flight?

I seem to have two modes........fight or flight........loud or completely silent..........pushing forward or running and hiding...........I am a woman prone to extremes.

I think I have gotten a little better at masking my love of extremes but I am not sure how far I have come in actually maintaining a bit more balance in my life.

Because here's the thing.........

Extremes are easy.

Extremes are the result of reaction and not true action.

Extremes are more about me and not about the people around me.

Extremes shatter the concept of growth and instead bring about more complacency and stagnation.

I think I am a little tired of extremes, even those hidden from those around me.

I am ready for something more.

I am ready to take an honest look at who I am and, maybe, just maybe take steps to not be so extreme....to find balance in who I am, to experience growth.

Because maybe this time I won't run and hide and seek anonymity.  Maybe this time I will take the time and the space to truly reflect on who I am, to gauge accurately who I am and to make changes in the areas I need to make changes.

It's easier to duck and take cover until enough time has passed that I can resume my old ways, having forgotten why I chose to run in the first place.

Why now?

Why take these steps now?

Because it matters.

Because I matter.

My part matters.

And guess what?

SO DO YOU.

YOU MATTER.

WHO YOU ARE MATTERS.

NO MORE RUNNING.

NO MORE HIDING.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog Mandy!