Thursday, March 28, 2013

TAKE HEART

The tears flow a bit more easily these days, these weeks leading up to THE DAY.

I feel a bit overcome because HE overcame.

I listen the the words of John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome this world."  I listen to these words set to music over and over................

My heart swells and explodes with the joy and pain and searing truth of those words.

We are not promised an easy life.

We are told that we WILL have trouble.

And as I grow up and grow older and my knowledge of this world and it's hurts expands, I know that is truth.

This world is full of trouble, it's full of heartache, there are no guarantees................BUT ONE.

JESUS is our guarantee.

TAKE HEART, my dear ones, TAKE HEART

HE HAS OVERCOME.

Death on the cross is not an ending but a beginning.

Death on the cross is not a promise broken but a promise fulfilled.

Death on the cross is not defeat but is VICTORY.

Death on the cross leads to LIFE EVERLASTING.

And so in this week, in this season, in this LIFE I take heart.  I take heart because He has told me these things.  He says, "Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." - John 16:22

NO ONE, NOTHING can take away our JOY.

Does that mean we don't hurt?

Does that mean tears don't stain our face?

Does that mean cracks don't form in the hidden places of our heart?

Does that mean that we don't feel despair?

No.

Because in this world you will have trouble.  We know this to be TRUTH.

But, also, we know that Jesus CAME BACK.  Jesus CAME ALIVE.  Death led to resurrection.  The cross led to the miracle of the empty tomb.  This we also know as TRUTH.

And so I cling to TRUTH.

I cling to the promises of Jesus.

I cling to the resurrection.

I cling to the return.

I cling to the JOY that is Jesus that can NEVER be taken from me, from us.

TAKE HEART, dear ones, TAKE HEART.

HE IS ALIVE.

HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD.

AND HE WILL COME AGAIN.

TAKE HEART.





No comments: