Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After: Part Two

Today I am caught up in the beauty of life...........so many moments threaten to overwhelm this mother's heart, this woman's heart.......it's the day after.  And I wrote about a day after just two months ago......a different kind of day after, a new beginning........the day you dread because you have to wake up and breathe again, walk again, live again.........and you don't want to.  It's too hard.  It's too much.

And here we are again.

Another day.

Two months later.

Not the day after a baby was lain to rest.

But the day after a baby was born to save.

The day after Love came down.

The day after Hope was brought to earth.

The day after Light entered the darkness.

So that we may have many days after...........

So that when we have to live and those we love don't and we don't know why and we can't stop the pain and we can't stop the tears and we can't stop the hurt and we can't stop the heart from aching we can cling to the promise of THIS DAY AFTER.

THE DAY AFTER LOVE CAME DOWN.

THE DAY AFTER HOPE WAS BROUGHT TO EARTH.

THE DAY AFTER LIGHT ENTERED THE DARKNESS.

The day we were assured that our days do not end here.

And so today I embrace the day after.

As much as I ached with the day after months before, the year before, I ached not for myself but for my brother, for my sister-in-law and also for a warrior sent home and his sweet, grieving parents.

But today.

This day.

I rejoice.

I rejoice in the loveliness of this day, this beautiful, beautiful snow, this family God has blessed me with, this warm house filled with the goodness of the day after Christmas.

But more than that.

I rejoice in the many days after this world.  I rejoice in the days I will spend holding my niece, after sweet Adalyn has been held and squeezed and hugged and loved by her amazing, always waiting parents.  I rejoice in the days I will witness Owen running with his cousins, after being held by his mother and father - whose arms have been waiting, too.  I rejoice in the lightness of those days.  I rejoice in the promise of those days.  I rejoice.  And all because..........

LOVE CAME DOWN.

HOPE WAS BROUGHT TO EARTH.

LIGHT ENTERED THE DARKNESS.


No comments: