Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Just In Case You Were Wondering.....

I love you.

Yeah, I am talking to you........you being the handsome, wonderful man I married.

Have I told you that lately?

That I truly love you?

That love is what holds me steady, that brings me back, that keeps me sane in this crazy world in which we live.   Because of your love I can imagine and believe in a greater Love.  It doesn't seem inconceivable that there is One who loves me beyond all comprehension, One who is fighting for me, who is longing for me, One who died for me...........because you show me what that kind of love looks like every day.  You show our kids that kind of love.

And yeah, you don't always get it right, you lose your cool, you make mistakes, you aren't perfect but I know that His love is perfect.

And you are a reflection of that love.

And so when things get weird and crazy and start to feel unsafe and out of control and the world is sent spinning and careening and there is hate and violence and so much arguing and talking and back and forth.........I love that you are here.  Right here.  Next to me.  Loving me.  Anchoring me.  Holding me.

Thank you.

I treasure every day with you because every day with you is a gift.

I can't quite believe that eight short, quick as a wink years later I could love you more than I did on the day I married you but I do.  So much more.  For on that day when two became one it was just the beginning.  As the years go by, faster and faster they fly, the more we become intertwined - our hearts, our lives, our dreams.

I can't wait to see what this next year brings.

Love you.

No comments: