Monday, March 12, 2012

Seriously, This Kid Kills Me........

Nico comes out of his room for the fourth time.......to use the bathroom.  It is late.  The mountain of laundry is decreasing and I am looking for some peace and quiet after a good but always tiring day.


Me:  BUDDY.............what are you doing?


Nico:  Mom......this is how my body works.  I have to go to the bathroom.  Tomorrow, you have to draw a picture, a picture of the inside of my body.  You have to draw the inside of my body, you know, with all the parts. (He is saying this so earnestly, as if he is talking to the stupidest person on the earth but it also happens to be the person he loves the most so he is trying his hardest to be gentle.)  See, it opens and closes. (At this point he actually unzips the front of his pajamas so he can illustrate his point).  I have special bones and (now he is pushing on his belly button) it goes down and it opens and closes.  When it is wet, it is pee.  When it is hard (he does a little grimace and makes a pushing effort), it is poop.


Me: Oh.


Nico:  You draw a picture tomorrow, Mom.  I will show you.  All the parts of my body.  I think you not know how it works................(as he disappears into the bathroom for the fourth time and yes, actually pees once more)


I CANNOT wait for tomorrow :)


No comments: