Friday, March 2, 2012

What I Hear

When finally it comes, when the day has been spinning round and round, and I find myself sitting in the stillness, in the quiet.  When the dishes are done, the laundry washing itself, when the kids are quiet and still and my coffee is hot, He beckons.  It's a call I hear every day, every moment.  Almost every day I answer - for a few minutes, for longer sometimes.  I sit at the table or on the big comfy green chair with my Bible and journal spread out.

In the stillness, He calls.

He calls me by name.

He sweeps waves of peace and love over me.

In the stillness all I hear is............

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

The dirty kitchen floors are wiped from my thoughts.

The scale that never reads the number I want, the number, the goal always changing because it will never be right until I am right with not the number but the person.  That scale is swept aside.

The piles that invade our house over and over again are erased from my mind.

The failures of the day, this day where I prayed that I wanted to be a better wife and a better mom than I was yesterday, these disappear.

Every imperfection is gone and in it's place is His perfect love.

A love not based on the cleanliness of my house, the behavior of my children, the food I place on the table or the ways I serve others, but a love based simply on being a child.  A child with a Father who loves, who loves big and deep and wide.  It's endless and unconditional.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

He's calling each one of you today.

In the stillness, in the quiet...........let it wash over you.


No comments: