Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Child's Play, Homeless Shelters and Feet Washing

So two weeks or so ago the kids were all on the couch wrapped up in blankets, squeezed together.  They looked quite cute.  I love how there is NEVER any personal space where those three are concerned.  It makes me laugh when anyone expresses any concern about the need for "privacy" or their own rooms.......Nico's still a little sad that he's all alone :)  And, yes, I know SOMEDAY they will probably require some space of their own but for today......not so much.



Joe says.......you know what they're playing?

No, what?

Refuge of Hope.

Oh my.


My three children are pretending to be at a men's homeless shelter.


Then this morning my eldest has the brilliant idea of a feet washing store.  So the three of them set up their stations in the morning with towels, little fans, chairs and brushes.  Then after dinner they treated us to a nice feet washing.  I wasn't sure what to make of it when they started brushing my legs and I choose not to see it as a commentary on my "winter legs" which SURELY do not require a BRUSH - they aren't THAT bad. 

 But all in all it was a LOVELY after dinner treat - warm water, lotion, toweling off and the fanning of our tootsies.

And, yes, I choose to think of my children as HOLY and not weird in their play.  I would appreciate it if you would do the same :)






No comments: