Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nothing

"In the beginning, there was nothing  Nothing to hear.  Nothing to feel.  Nothing to see.

Only  emptiness.  And darkness.  And.........nothing but nothing.

But God was there.  And God had a wonderful Plan.

'I'll take this emptiness,' God said, 'and I'll fill it up!  Out of the darkness, I'm going to make light! And out of the nothing, I'm going to make...........EVERYTHING!'

Like a mommy bird flutters her wings over her eggs to help her babies hatch, God hovered over the deep, silent darkness.  He was making life happen.

God spoke.

That's all.

And whatever he said, IT HAPPENED."

                                   - The Jesus Storybook Bible (pg. 18)

I couldn't get past this page.  I read this the other night and I couldn't get past this.

The fact that there was NOTHING..........nothing but nothing and then............

EVERYTHING.

And how did this happen?

God spoke.

Whatever He said...............

IT HAPPENED.

The past year has been a lot of saying, "No I can't."

Then God speaks.

And it happens.

He says, "Yes, I can......not YOU but ME."

You see every time I say I have nothing, I can't do this, I will fail, this isn't who I am, who I ever have been..........He says, I know.

But I AM who I AM.

And so I am beginning to realize.........not by MY power, not by MY authority......but by HIS power and authority.

And so the question this year becomes...........who am I?  What space will I give the Creator to create?

Am I willing to give everything to become nothing so that once again I can have EVERYTHING through Him, who is the Creator of all?


Who am I?

I am a wife, a helpmate.

I am a prophet.

I am a mother.

I am a voice in the wilderness.

I am a homemaker.

I am a leader.

I am a child of God.

All this through Him who makes all things new.  Where there is nothing.......He speaks.......and there is EVERYTHING.

Who are you?  What space are you going to give to Him?  What is He creating in You?   What is He speaking in You?

Listen.

Surrender.

Obey.

And let your story begin...................

No comments: