Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Randomness...........

I sing.......ALOT.......in front of my kids.  One of my favorite things, lately, is to make up songs highlighting my awesomeness and then singing them to my kids, sending them to my friends and serenading my wonderful husband.

They LOVE it.

Seriously, LOVE it.

Then other times I sing songs of my adolescence like........

"Let's talk about.......oh, wait......let's not talk about that.....hmmmmm"

"POUR SOME SUGAR ON...............CAKE!  That's what I meant, cake."

"Boom, boom, boom, let's go back.............TO THE LIBRARY."

It's a bit embarrassing to me when that happens.......I mean I HAD NO IDEA what I was listening to, I mean I DID, but I didn't.  You know what I mean?  Memories of innocent junior high sock hops where all of us in training bras and braces were jumping around to

      "Bang bang bang on the door baby! Knock a little louder baby! 
      Bang bang bang on the door baby! I can't hear you
      Your what? Tin roof, rusted! 
      Love Shack, baby Love Shack!" (I still have no idea what that rusted part means but it was always one of the best parts of the song, right?)

I will call my brother, randomly, when I am in a store and sing songs to him that TAKE ME RIGHT BACK........"What did you think I would do at this moment?............"  Oh, Michael P. Keaton and Ellen............HOW AMAZINGLY AWESOME WAS FAMILY TIES and THEN THEY GOT MARRIED IN REAL LIFE? (((Sigh)))

How about........ "Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song.......I'LL TRY NOT TO SING OUT OF KEY..........."

Winnie Cooper (Can you even say her first name without adding Cooper.........I totally can't) and Kevin.......did the finale RIP YOUR HEART OUT TOO?

What on earth!!!

It's a tv show........the BOY AND GIRL ARE SUPPOSE TO END UP TOGETHER!!!

Just a little bitter about that........................

Oh and anything by Paula Abdul (Oh my goodness, "Opposites Attract" I am a little embarrassed to say that I could probably sing that whole thing right now if it was on the radio), Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi,  Aerosmith, oh so many more..................those songs take me back to junior high/high school :)  College, I went through a country phase...........Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Deana Carter (like strawberry wine, seventeen - WHAT ON EARTH SEVENTEEN! is what I think NOW! - SEVENTEEN - not my babies, seventeen, my goodness, a CHILD, I tell you - what does she know of love or wine or a hot july moon that saw everything thing - SEVENTEEN, that's only 11 years away............FOR THE LOVE OF HIM!)


Anyway.......any songs that take you back?  And, yes, I realize that many of my friends now are quite a bit younger than I am so be nice if you reply.............oh and some of you had different tastes back in the day.

Oh and a little side note................

Francesca came running down the hallway tonight after she was put in bed.  She was carrying a book, saying MOM! MOM! MOM!

Yes?

I found it.  The perfect pet.  It's right here.  (She opens the book to a hamster)

They really smell.  (Just in case you thought I would be persuaded by her cuteness.....NOT AT ALL.)

(She looks at me as if I am a moron, a little half grin on her face, a roll of her eyes......NOT DETERRED AT ALL)  NO THEY DON'T.  It's the perfect pet.  THEY DON'T POOP.

Well, she has me there, folks.  She has found the PERFECT pet - the first non-pooping hamster.  I asked her what they do when they eat, what happens afterwards.  She just said they eat carrots.........like that explains it all.

So much confidence in that little one.

It's kind of cute how she still has hope :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am 30 and can sing all those songs right with ya sister. And more!