Monday, October 8, 2012

Every life, every breathe

Every life, every breathe has meaning............from  the ninety year old woman who has seen it all to the nine day old baby who has everything yet to behold.

Every life, every breathe is a sacred thing............each one scripted by One who knows best, who knows better than we.

Every life, every breathe has been written, is already known...........when we try to make sense of each little moment, each hurt, each joy, each happening we take away the mystery that is God.

I have no idea why most anything happens.

I sometimes wish I did.

Tonight I sat in a sacred space and my chest heaved, my mouth opened trying to gasp for breathe, tears were flowing down my face.  There was a bubble of pain that was threatening to burst within my heart, within my body.  I tried not to make a sound........just sitting, kneeling on the floor of the sanctuary........and He was there.

He knows.

He knows our questions and our rage and our aches and our wonderings and our pain and He is there.

He is the Rock.

The Rock that we can scrunch up our fists and punch like mad, we can beat against Him, rail against Him and say WHY, WHY, WHY?

And He takes it.  He can take it.

He is our Rock.

And all the while we are raging and crying out and questioning............He comes.  He is there.  You can feel it.  And maybe that is the thing that causes me finally to make a sound, the opening for it all to come forth.  He is there.  Because despite the not knowing, despite the seemingly randomness of life...............there is one thing I know.

Jesus Is Lord.

And that's enough.

I trust in that promise.  I trust one day I will see Him and all will be answered.

But for now..................every life, every breathe is sacred.

Hear our prayers, O God................our voices we lift to You...........our trust we give to You...........

No comments: