Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What. Is. That.?

Just a teaser for now...............


It all started on Saturday night........Nico was getting ready for bed, putting his pjs on and called me in.  Mom, mom!  I still got corn kernels in my clothes, in my arms!  What?  There is no way you have corn kernels in your arms still, Nico, you are wearing your PAJAMAS!  (It was Fall Family Fun Day and we had been to Kingsway Pumpkin Farm that day)

Oh, he says.

But I feel around and there is definitely something prickly in the sleeve of his pjs.  Huh.

I investigate further.

Oh, I know what that is.........just a little bit of bread dough that must have been left on a towel that I lay over the dough while it rises.  Must have not washed it off that well and that little bit got stuck on your jammies.  No need to alert anyone else in the house.............I will just take those and see if I can pull that little bit off...........

Joe might have mentioned to me before that it's NOT A GOOD IDEA to put a towel in the wash filled with sticky bread dough.

He might, actually, have come up just the week before with a towel that was COVERED in that same sticky bread dough and scrapped it off, rather silently and fiercely, before taking it back down.  In my defense, I do think that I will just throw the towel down the stairs and there is a perfectly gross utilitarian sink RIGHT NEXT to the washer that I sort of have, kind of one, maybe no intention of washing the towel in.

Ok........got the jammies out and will take care of that later......if taking care of it later means just throwing the jammies in the basket of laundry to be washed later on............probably cementing the dough even more to the fluffy jammie material.......

Fast forward to Monday night.............

I am in a particularly good mood, energized by the day and the exciting week about to unfold (nothing really happening but Mondays are always good days here - full of hope and energy after the weekend :) so I decide to tackle some laundry.........EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO GOOD HULU ON......yes, that is how motivated I am feeling.  Usually I begrudgingly fold laundry during a favorite show......my justification for watching hulu........LOOK! I am Folding and Putting Away!  I am doing Important Things while watching very unimportant things.............but NOT TONIGHT.  What a good wife and mother I am...............

Oh, look.......ummmm, there's a bit of dough on this shirt........hmmm, let me just pull that off before anyone sees that little bit.........oh wait, hmmmm..........there seem to be SEVERAL pieces on this brown shirt.........pull, yank, pull, scrape.................OH MY WORD, this FLUFFY YELLOW towel is COVERED in harden bits of what appears to be boogers............well, a towel is just for wiping up dirty stuff anyway so I think I will just put that at the bottom of the kitchen towel pile and see what happens....................

In fact, the entire load of laundry was covered in little bits of dough.

Huh.

Maybe Joe was right.

Maybe putting a towel covered in sticky bread dough in the laundry pile WITH EVERY, really, no INTENTION of scrapping it off downstairs is NOT a good idea.

You are right, honey.

Probably Liga and Rachel aren't.  Just last week we were answering fun questions and one of the questions was, "What are you best at?"  It was suggested I was good at being a housewife..........not so much, ladies, but thanks for your vote of confidence!  Apparently making your own bread is NOT enough, you must clean up AFTER making the bread.....................

Oh and the picture above is, indeed, what bread dough looks like after going through the washer and dryer.

No comments: