Sunday, October 14, 2012

Laying Back..........Letting Go

It's scary to look at this blank page.................to realize that I have nothing to say or write tonight.  To think of the commitment I made on this blog, the one I spoke to others one night.........saying this is how I hear God, this is where I come to speak what goes through my mind all through the day.........this is good.


Except when it's not.


I am so used to my mind being filled with ideas and thoughts and opinions and convictions.  I cram my head full, always racing to what will be happening the next minute, the next hour, the next day.  I map out plans and posts and dreams all while going about my daily tasks.  


I love the beginning of an idea..............I love to think on it all day, to ruminate, to tweak it, to play with it.  By the time Joe gets home I am in full-fledged I-HAVE-THE-BEST-IDEA-EVER mode..........it can get a little exhausting for my husband.  Because, to be honest, some of my ideas come to fruition but not all and sometimes it's not even about the plan and whether or not it happens, it's just about the idea.


But tonight.............this blank page............it reminds me.  I am not the only writer in my life.............there is another who wishes to write on the pages of my mind but sometimes I have them crammed full of MY ideas, MY thoughts, MY opinions.........and where does that leave Him?


With only a tiny bit of space to write His words.............


And then they might get lost amidst my own script as I frantically and feverishly fill the space in my mind and in my life...................


What if all He's asking for is a blank page on which to write His words?


Is that too much?


To be still and to empty my mind of all the things that I pour into it throughout the day......


What would happen in turning off, logging off, putting down, shutting down, tuning out the distractions of life?


What if I gave Him the space He needed to speak directly to me?


What would He write?


Needing just to hear from Him tonight............breathing deep, loosening the grip I have kept on things all day, relaxing into a state of just being, letting go of every thing and every thought that threatens to creep in...................


Turning off, logging off, putting down, shutting down, tuning out..................





No comments: