Monday, October 15, 2012

The Voice

I have heard the voice of the One calling in the wilderness.....................this wilderness that has sprung up all around me...........this crowding in of things and people and voices and just pure meaningless inputting of information and entertainment..........but through it all I hear the voice of the One calling in the wilderness.............

I started off so sure of my course, so sure of who He was, if not in who I was in Him.......I was able to look down at the path and the course seemed steady.........of course I would be one who would be on the narrow way.............His voice was not yet known to me but I had a blind faith, a trust that surpassed knowledge...........


And then...........the seeds were sown, the seedlings sprouting and before I realized certain things took root in my life................things that, while they weren't bad, weren't the best and they began to block the light, overtake the path of which I was once so sure.  Now when I looked around and down and up and forward I just saw the growth of that which wasn't there before............blocking the path, blocking the light..........


But I heard the voice of the One calling in the wilderness.............sure where I wasn't sure anymore, faithful when my faith had wavered, strong and always there when I felt lost, He was calling me back to the path.............


And so the winnowing began, the brutal cutting down, pulling up from the roots things that were keeping me from the path, that were blocking me from seeing Him..........for even though I was crowded in, I knew that He always knew where I was, that nothing was keeping Him from me, rather it was I who was lost, who was keeping myself from Him.....................


I hear the voice of the One calling in the wilderness..................


I am here.

I am here.

Come follow me.

Come follow me.


Once again the path is a bit clearer.  The pace is steady and strong.  I have the faith of one who has walked a bit further, not that far, not that long but one who has been found.  I will continue the winnowing.  But I know that should I get lost, should the path seemingly disappear from sight I have One who will come, who will find me.

I am here.

I am here.

Come follow me

Come follow me.

I have heard the voice of the One calling in the wilderness.....................



No comments: