Friday, October 19, 2012

The Father's Hands......

Close your eyes.


I want you to imagine and see as I have seen.


I want you to picture your darkest moment, the darkest hours............because He is there.


And I can't begin to know or even to guess the whys and the hows and all the questions that you must have about that moment or moments that you have experienced.  I am nothing and as I grow older I realize that I know nothing.


But I have seen.......................I have seen His hands.


I have seen His hands reach down and reach through..................strong hands that look as if they could break apart, rip apart with barely a thought anything that would get in their way..........and yet, these hands can gently raise up and hold the tiniest bundle, right up to Him........swaddled in the warmth of Him.


I have seen.


I have seen tenderness and Love and gentleness even as the world is breaking apart all around, even as human hands are reaching and grasping for what they love........wanting to just hold on.    I have seen Him holding him safely and securely............I feel joy and warmth and peace in the gentle rocking of His hands.


And to you He says..............hold on.


Hold on.


Hold on.


I am coming.


I am coming.


My promise to you.


And until then...........I have you in my hands.


My hands are strong and gentle and tender and they will hold you, too.


No comments: