Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Mommy #5

1.  I don't eat lunch with my kids - I clean the kitchen, do dishes, etc.  Part of the reason we now have a hot breakfast with the whole family every day is so I don't feel as guilty not sitting down with them at lunch.

2.  I am unavailable from 8:30PM - 5:30AM.  Crying, screaming, whining, coughing is mostly attended by my husband doing these hours.  I have zero sympathy when I am awakened or kept from my evening activities.

3.  I forget to brush my teeth ALL the time.  All those new studies about heart disease or whatever it is you can get by not brushing.....yeah, I am looking at that in about 5-10 years.

4.  I will suck up anything in my horrible vacuum to avoid bending over to pick it up.  My husband shakes his head and rolls his eyes at me whenever he happens to be the one to clean out the bagless thing - Christmas ornaments, silverware, hair accessories, clothing items, etc. have all been found in there.

5.  I will pretend I don't here distress when vacuuming - I just need to get it done - I cannot hear crying arguing, whining, whatever.  It does not compute.

6.  I secretly think I need to have more children so I become less selfish - God is working on me.

7.  I wish smoking was good for you - I miss it.

No comments: