Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What I Love About Having Young Kids....

I went to visit a friend of mine a few years ago.  I didn't have any kids and she had a, gosh,  I think 2 year old at the time.  I was exhausted after a day of her life.  It seemed so constant.  I asked her how life had changed and she said in a lot of ways everything is slower.  I was baffled by this.  Now I understand what she was saying.  I love that my life is indeed slower.  With two young kids I find myself saying no a lot more to different events, people, things in my life.  We are always home by at 8:00 or earlier.  Life shuts down from 1:00 - 3:00 each day as we all nap or at least the kids do.  Yeah it might take 15 minutes to get out the door but you can spend 2 hours at the museum just running around and playing.  Life is slower and sweeter and, yes, more tiring at times but I find I only do what is really necessary.  Children make you prioritize in ways that nothing else does and it is always surprising to me how little you really need to have, do or acquire.  I love my kids for teaching me what is important in life.

No comments: